With the help of Apple\’s iTunes software, you can easily download images from your iPhone to your computer and save them on your PC. However, if you are unable to utilise iTunes due to the fact that your iPhone may only be linked to iTunes on a single computer at a time, there are a variety of additional options for How to transfer iPhone photos to your computer.
In this post, you will learn about all of the many methods and techniques for transferring photos from an iPhone to a PC.
1. Using the Windows Explorer Program
You don\’t have to use iTunes to transfer images from your iPhone to your computer; you can just drag and drop them using the usual Windows Explorer interface.
- Make use of a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your PC.
- Unlock your iPhone. A pop-up notice will display, asking whether this computer should be given access to your images and videos. Click Yes to enable this computer access. To allow your computer to view the images and videos taken with your iPhone, choose \”Allow\” from the drop-down menu.
- Using Windows Explorer, go to your Apple iPhone. You will notice a disc labelled Internal Storage on your computer. Double-clicking on this symbol will allow you to access the internal storage of your smartphone. To see your photographs and videos on your phone, double-click the DCIM folder when it has been created (they may be located in different folders).
- Select the images you want and transfer them from your iPhone to your computer, for example, to your desktop or the folder you want.
Read Also : Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max Detailed Review
2. iCloud allows you to back up your photographs
iPhones are pre-loaded with 5GB of free cloud storage in Apple\’s iCloud service. In addition to backing up phone settings and contacts, this storage space may be utilised to store images and videos as well as other media files. The iCloud client, which you can download to your computer, will instantly download all of the images that are currently on your iPhone and save them to your computer.
Step 1:Activate iCloud on your iPhone by going to Settings > iCloud and selecting the option to enable it. You\’ll need to sign in with your Apple ID and password to get started (the same ID and password you use to make purchases on the App Store).
Step 2:Activate iCloud picture synchronisation by navigating to Settings> iCloud> Photos in the menu bar. You may enable the use of iCloud Photo Library if you want all of your photographs to be stored and synchronised to iCloud. The following are some additional features that you may activate if you so desire:
- My Photo Stream automatically uploads the past 1000 images shot on your iPhone to iCloud; this feature is available on the iPhone 5 and later.
- Upload Burst Photographs uploads your \”favourite\” photos from the burst mode that you have chosen.
- With iCloud Photo Sharing, it is easy to create albums that can be shared with friends, family, and the entire public.
Step 3: Go to this website to download and install iCloud on your computer system. Apple ID and password used on your iPhone should be used to sign into iCloud as well. By accessing iCloud and seeing your photographs as well as other iCloud backups, you may easily access your images from the Internet.
3. Back up your images using a cloud service such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or another similar service
Although iCloud is a handy cloud storage solution, you are not restricted to using it exclusively. It\’s a good thing that there are alternative cloud storage services available, such as Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google Drive, which all provide an automated backup of your iPhone images incorporated into their respective iOS applications.
a. Instructions for using Dropbox
- Installing the Dropbox iOS application is the first step.
- The second step is to log into your Dropbox account. This is your first time signing up for the Dropbox app and you will be prompted to choose whether or not to allow picture uploads on the next page. To provide Dropbox access to your images, just click the button.
- If you\’ve already registered for the Dropbox app, go to Settings> Camera Uploads to begin uploading photos. Make sure that camera uploads are enabled and that Dropbox has permission to view your photographs. When your phone is connected to the internet through Wi-Fi, your images will be uploaded to your Dropbox folder (unless you enable Use Mobile Data, in which case your photos will be uploaded in real time).
b. The following are the Google Drive instructions
Step 1: Get the Google Drive iOS app and install it on your device.
Step 2: Log in to Google Drive using your Google account credentials. This is your first time enrolling into the Google Drive app, and the following page will give you the choice of enabling picture and video backups or disabling them. Select the size of your photographs and videos that you wish to upload by clicking \”Enable\” and selecting the appropriate size.
- High quality – the image\’s appearance and quality will be lowered as a result of this (slightly).
- Original Quality – Photos will be posted in their original format, which means they will be of high quality.
Step 3:Allow Google Drive access to your images, and your photos will be automatically backed up while you are connected to Wi-Fi. Give Google Drive permission to see your photographs.
Step 4:To access your picture backup settings if you have already signed up for the Google Drive app, go to Settings> Photos and enable the Google Photos folder.
We discussed the most effective and quickest methods of transferring Images from an iPhone to a computer. The information we provided should have been valuable to you, and we hope you no longer have any concerns regarding how to transfer images from an iPhone to a computer. And you were finally able to save all of your favourite images on your PC or laptop!